Few weeks ago, on the 2nd, or should I say 3rd since it was past midnight, I stood at the exact same spot. The spot I stood while I watched the SCDF ambulance send granny to the hospital from my Uncle’s house. I was car-watching, taking a break after a full day of revision, but thoughts of death (in general) kept coming up in my mind.
Circumstances "forced" our family to talk about death. Even my Uncle told us to just pull the plug and let him go if it were to happen to him.
Actually, I think my parents are pretty open about death. They've been mentioning the food they want us to bring when we visit them on QMJ.. told us not to forget to bring his favourite chee kueh, red bean soup, yada yada.
But now, they're mentioning it more often. If they were to be in SGG's situation, they wanted us to let them go. That is not a very easy decision to make and I really hope that day where I am forced to make such decision won't ever come.
On the other hand, I didn't tell them this but if one day I happen to be in a bad shape, I hope my family would let me go...
Circumstances "forced" our family to talk about death. Even my Uncle told us to just pull the plug and let him go if it were to happen to him.
Actually, I think my parents are pretty open about death. They've been mentioning the food they want us to bring when we visit them on QMJ.. told us not to forget to bring his favourite chee kueh, red bean soup, yada yada.
But now, they're mentioning it more often. If they were to be in SGG's situation, they wanted us to let them go. That is not a very easy decision to make and I really hope that day where I am forced to make such decision won't ever come.
On the other hand, I didn't tell them this but if one day I happen to be in a bad shape, I hope my family would let me go...