This year has been filled with so much happiness and this event probably won all my experiences for the past 6 months. I got to witness the hassle of moving into a new house, helped out with a tiny bit of preparation for the wedding, made it back for the solemnization of the marriage rehearsal, and participated in the actual wedding process (not all, but I'm glad to be part of it).
You know when Charis walked down the aisle during the rehearsal, I couldn't hold back my tears lolol. To my 姑丈, each step taken together on the aisle towards the solemniser represents the stages of life he walked with his daughter from her birth day up till her marriage and handing her over to the man who will be taking care of her for the rest of her life. To me, it's looking at my beautiful cousin walking towards the man she loves and them promising to spend the rest of their lives as one. So touching...
It felt like just yesterday that Charis told me about Ernest, or that she said I can officially add him on Facebook, or that she introduced Ernest to us on her 21st birthday, etc. Honestly, many of us were rejoicing at their wedding.
Also, I was delighted to meet most of my relatives and reunite with my family on this joyous occasion. Some of them couldn't recognise me at the church because I wasn't wearing my glasses?! That was pretty funny, so I told them I will wear them during the dinner. I don't think I look that different? But even my housemates commented that I look different without specs so I'm hoping it is the good kind of different.
During this trip, Charmaine and I spent most of our time together (even in our sleep) because we were out running errands for 姑姑. I haven't met her for (perhaps) more than a year but nothing much has changed. I guess this is the good thing about being cousins. Despite not staying in the same country, we have blood bond and they were sort of my first lasting friends. It was a short few days but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Each time I meet Ben, he would ask me the same question. "Constance jiejie, last time when you were young you said you wanted to change father right?" My goodness. Yea I probably did, how foolish I was to say such a thing. My 姑丈 is a very nice gentleman but my dad is a great man too. Though I don't have a vivid recollection of me saying that or the reason why I said that, I still feel sorry towards my dad. How could I say something so heartless? Such a young childish kid but I digress...
Dearest Charis and Ernest,
Thank you for letting me be part of your holy matrimony. My joy is beyond words. I wish you both a blissful eternal partnership.
With love,
Constance