Currently alone at the Jeju international airport, chilling and waiting for my flight to Osaka. Thought I should update a little about the trip since my phone has less than 20% battery and my usb cable is spoilt. Not sure how I am going to survive the entire day without my phone.
It has been a week since I left Taipei and the fact that exchange ended has finally sunk in. I’ve been exploring Busan and Jeju with Yanin and Esther for the past week and it is probably the most clumsy period for me ever.
On our first day, we were tired from all the physical labour of having to carry all our baggages from our Taipei apartment to the Taoyuan airport and from Gimhae airport to our airbnb, so we decided to chill and watch korean variety shows in the room before heading out for dinner followed by Seomyeon. I like how we always settle our dinner at random restaurants. When we landed at Gimhae intl airport, I told the girls I wanted to have fried chicken in Korea. Just so happened that there was a “Chicken Syndrome” restaurant below our airbnb so our dinner was settled there.
Second day was pretty packed. We left our airbnb at 8.30 a.m., had breakfast at the nearby CU convenience store. I bought a bulgogi burger and it tasted great! I wonder why haven’t I tried the ready-made food in Singapore’s 7-11. Perhaps I’ll try it when I’m back. Anyway we took the bus to Taejongdae Park and spent a good 2-3 hours there. It was only the beginning of the trip but this place alone involved lots of walking.
Next was Gamcheon Culture Village where we climbed the never-ending stairs up. We saw this huge macaron ice-cream and decided to take a break before walking around the village. Since our luggages were filled to the brim, we thought we should spend the money eating all the good food instead. Anyway, when we were finding our way to the village, this Taiwanese lady kept looking at us so I invited her to join us, which she did, but she got distracted by other stuffs halfway through so we went off without her. We ended our culture village adventure with 184 steps down and wanted to head to Jalgachi Fish Market when I saw this random shop and went to try the leng myeon. It was my first time trying leng myeon in Korea and I was literally eating cold noodles, quite an interesting taste. Another Taiwanese couple also came up to us to ask for directions when we were about to leave the place. It feels quite stressful when you have strangers following your directions :/
Took a bus down to the market. The smell of sea creatures was pretty strong, we followed the smell and arrived at the indoor fish market. This is definitely not my kind of place because we were flooded with questions about whether we would like to try the live octopus and many other weird looking creatures. And it felt pretty rude to ignore them, was worse when I saw countless of grannies sitting there waiting for customers. We left after a short while…
We walked to BIFF square from Jalgachi Market. Reminded ourselves that we have no space left in the luggage so we walked right through it and headed to the Busan Tower. We managed to catch the sunset. My body was really confused. I was sweating so much in the day and freezing in the evening. Anyway when we went past the streets again, we saw army stew! A few days back, I was telling Yanin that I have never tried army stew before and then we ate it on the second day! The King Kong’s ramyeon tasted very different from all the ramyeon that we ever had. It has this unique spongey feel when you bite it. Yumz
The next day was filled with stunning views. Esther had to do her modules bidding in the morning, so Yanin and I went to the Isaac Toast a few stations away for our breakfast. We then went to this monument place before meeting Esther at Oryukdo Skywalk. I’m guessing it was here that my lips got worse because there weren’t any shelters so it got burnt badly. We stopped by some random restaurant for lunch and I ordered mando ramyeon (dumpling ramyeon), which was spicy, it probably worsened my lips condition.
We bus-ed to Gwangalli beach for the highly raved night view. It took forever for the sun to set so we went to the nearby Yoogane for our dinner. Weee one of the food I remembered from my first Korea trip is Yoogane’s chicken!!
It has been a week since I left Taipei and the fact that exchange ended has finally sunk in. I’ve been exploring Busan and Jeju with Yanin and Esther for the past week and it is probably the most clumsy period for me ever.
On our first day, we were tired from all the physical labour of having to carry all our baggages from our Taipei apartment to the Taoyuan airport and from Gimhae airport to our airbnb, so we decided to chill and watch korean variety shows in the room before heading out for dinner followed by Seomyeon. I like how we always settle our dinner at random restaurants. When we landed at Gimhae intl airport, I told the girls I wanted to have fried chicken in Korea. Just so happened that there was a “Chicken Syndrome” restaurant below our airbnb so our dinner was settled there.
Second day was pretty packed. We left our airbnb at 8.30 a.m., had breakfast at the nearby CU convenience store. I bought a bulgogi burger and it tasted great! I wonder why haven’t I tried the ready-made food in Singapore’s 7-11. Perhaps I’ll try it when I’m back. Anyway we took the bus to Taejongdae Park and spent a good 2-3 hours there. It was only the beginning of the trip but this place alone involved lots of walking.
Next was Gamcheon Culture Village where we climbed the never-ending stairs up. We saw this huge macaron ice-cream and decided to take a break before walking around the village. Since our luggages were filled to the brim, we thought we should spend the money eating all the good food instead. Anyway, when we were finding our way to the village, this Taiwanese lady kept looking at us so I invited her to join us, which she did, but she got distracted by other stuffs halfway through so we went off without her. We ended our culture village adventure with 184 steps down and wanted to head to Jalgachi Fish Market when I saw this random shop and went to try the leng myeon. It was my first time trying leng myeon in Korea and I was literally eating cold noodles, quite an interesting taste. Another Taiwanese couple also came up to us to ask for directions when we were about to leave the place. It feels quite stressful when you have strangers following your directions :/
Took a bus down to the market. The smell of sea creatures was pretty strong, we followed the smell and arrived at the indoor fish market. This is definitely not my kind of place because we were flooded with questions about whether we would like to try the live octopus and many other weird looking creatures. And it felt pretty rude to ignore them, was worse when I saw countless of grannies sitting there waiting for customers. We left after a short while…
We walked to BIFF square from Jalgachi Market. Reminded ourselves that we have no space left in the luggage so we walked right through it and headed to the Busan Tower. We managed to catch the sunset. My body was really confused. I was sweating so much in the day and freezing in the evening. Anyway when we went past the streets again, we saw army stew! A few days back, I was telling Yanin that I have never tried army stew before and then we ate it on the second day! The King Kong’s ramyeon tasted very different from all the ramyeon that we ever had. It has this unique spongey feel when you bite it. Yumz
The next day was filled with stunning views. Esther had to do her modules bidding in the morning, so Yanin and I went to the Isaac Toast a few stations away for our breakfast. We then went to this monument place before meeting Esther at Oryukdo Skywalk. I’m guessing it was here that my lips got worse because there weren’t any shelters so it got burnt badly. We stopped by some random restaurant for lunch and I ordered mando ramyeon (dumpling ramyeon), which was spicy, it probably worsened my lips condition.
Igidae was a lot of walking, and it felt like a hike because we were surrounded by trees and etc. But the walk through Igidae was fun because we saw this enormous rock formation(??) and climbed down to the edge. Reminded me so much of Taiwan’s石梯坪 when my housemates and I climbed up just to have a good view of the area. Anyway we sort of gave up halfway because if we were to walk the entire thing, it would bring us back to Oryukdo Skywalk, which is pointless since we were there earlier.
We bus-ed to Gwangalli beach for the highly raved night view. It took forever for the sun to set so we went to the nearby Yoogane for our dinner. Weee one of the food I remembered from my first Korea trip is Yoogane’s chicken!!
Will edit again soon...
Labels: Holiday, Korea, Summer Break, Travel Affairs
















