I had my first clubbing experience in Taiwan.
And it was surprisingly good. Music was great, the company was somewhat enthusiastic, met new people (wouldn't call them friends), etc.
I ended 2 of my modules last week and my prof invited the class to the party on Thursday. "I am serious, It'll be fun", he said. He bragged that his friends called him Party Tang when he was doing his postgraduate studies in the U.S. and that he tried marijuana etc. Cool prof. I invited my housemates. Brandon and YT were up for the fun so we made our way to the club and managed to enter before midnight. They were way too inefficient, we queued for an hour before we got into the club even though my prof booked 2 VIP booths.
So glad that we live near the town area which meant we were only 15 minutes away from Babe18! Most importantly, the club offers free entry for the ladies if you enter before midnight and it includes unlimited drinks (and btw, it's not just any crappy drinks). Whut. Who said there isn't free lunch in the world? Brandon had to pay NT600 though, which is still very worth it.
Despite announcing to my housemates that I will attend morning class the next day...I did not. We reached home at half past four and I had a hard time falling asleep. I wonder how most people sleep it off because I become wide awake after drinking as if I drank latte. Eventually, I only had 3hrs of sleep before I was fully awake again. I conclude that drinking will only keep me awake and "drown your sorrows" doesn't work on me.
We left the club a few minutes before its closing and decided to Ubike home. T'was an enjoyable night, felt good to let loose once in a while with friends.
I wonder what is my drinking limit though. Is it possible to get drunk to the point where I have no idea of what I am doing or what is going on? Is that even possible? Someday I do want to try getting wasted to that point...(under safe conditions of course)
I am old now, until next time