Last Friday after my psychology quiz(3), I rushed home to pack my bag for the 2d1n Sun Moon Lake trip. Brandon, YT and I left home earlier to settle our lunch at the Taipei main station because we got bored of the food at our neighborhood, especially bento. After the first week of night market food, I have been having bento for (almost) every dinner for the past 3 months. Anyway, I bought 10 sushi for lunch and was satisfied with it, afterall anything is better than bento now.
We boarded our bus at 3 p.m. and began the 4 hours journey to SML. I felt a slight guilt because we would have taken the 10 a.m. bus if not for me. There were times where I wanted to skip psych class so that we could spend more time at SML but I kept telling myself "no, quiz is more important".
Our plan was to catch the first ferry to the Sun Moon Lake ropeway station in order to get to the Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village. Since we had some time before the first ferry departs, I brought them to the part of the trail where I thought was the best place to take photos at. At 10 a.m. we arrived at the ropeway station and bought the combined tickets for the ropeway+amusement park which costs Ntd680. Pretty good deal I'd say. We started with the very interesting culture village where we learnt all the different tribes of Taiwan. Caught the 阿美族's performance, played blowpipe archery, the normal archery, and even sang 兩隻老虎 in exchange for a piece of sweet potato. We are doing all sorts of weird things but we enjoyed it despite getting tons of mosquito bites (which is still visibly red and itchy up till today).
Then, we finally reached the amusement park area and started off with the Gold Mine Adventure, which was alright. Our face and shirt got wet from the splash. So we decided to go take roller coasters to dry ourselves. Next up was Mayan Adventure, probably my favourite of all rides. I was told to remove my glasses so I couldn't see clearly but wow my ears turned red after the ride because of the speed and 360 degrees loop, my ears kept bumping into the over-the-shoulder restraint. And before I forget to mention, both Brandon and YT bailed out on me right before we enter the roller coaster. Just as they were contemplating whether to get on the ride, the staff told them about the 360 degrees loop. So they chickened out...
My third ride was UFO and guess whut. I took it alone as well. It's the highest free fall in Taiwan, how can they possibly allow themselves to miss such an opportunity?! But anyway, I was quite disappointed with the ride, perhaps I was expecting too much. We then moved on to the Aladdin Pavilion for more kid-friendly rides like the pirate boat, double-decker Italian carousel, and space mountain. Space mountain had a rating of A, which meant that it is supposedly a somewhat exciting ride. Brandon and YT saw the rating and decided to give it a miss, because "too old for that". After taking the ride, I'd say it's probably a C. Honestly, we should always try out the rides ourselves to determine whether its an A or C. Our last stop was the European Palace Garden where we became the buffet spread for the mosquitoes.
On Sunday, all of us went to Locofood cafe for brunch before exploring the Eslite mainstore. Locofood was quite small and seats were generally close to one another but the food was not bad. I ordered a 阿嬤烤肉捲 and milk tea. We then spent hours strolling the place...
Yesterday, Yanin and I skipped two of our classes. (Man, I'm going to miss skipping classes just because I feel like doing so) We decided to make full use of the day, so we went to the IKEA house cafe for lunch. We arrived at 11 a.m. and were delighted to have the place all to ourselves. Spent 2 hours chilling and savouring our food and dessert before heading to the Huashan 1914 Creative Park nearby. I got home in the evening and was completed exhausted despite chilling for the entire day. I slept at 6 p.m., woke up around midnight and decided to sleep through the night (cos sometimes the dreams are better than reality). I woke up at 6+a.m this morning feeling motivated to continue with my essay.
Heading out to NTU for their waffles and spaghetti. Unlike Singapore, it is challenging to find good western food around the area. Suddenly craving for the tom yum fish noodle...that will be the first dinner that I'll have upon reaching home.
Anyway, time flies. It's been more than 3 months since we first arrived in Taipei. My housemates and I will usually have a nice monthsary dinner to commemorate the day. Our 3rd monthsary dinner has been rescheduled to tonight since Fontaine is going to be back in Taiwan during this period.
Update again soon...
Labels: Spring Break, Taiwan, Travel Affairs