This morning, Lovell and I went for a jog to and fro Taipei101 from our apartment before we came back to do some static exercises. I'm glad we can finally exercise because the weather is not as cold as we first arrived. Then the rest of the housemates were stressing about their modules bidding while I relaxed at one corner cos I managed to get all 5 modules approved by both NCCU and SMU. (Thank goodness!)
Anyway, it's been more than a week in Taiwan and I'd like to spend my rest day (before school starts tmr) to update a little... I would say that I've settled in my accommodation since I adapt pretty fast. Though I secretly wish that I've my own room now and then, but I'm sure staying together with the others has its benefits as well.
----
It's been more than a month in Taiwan! Can't believe how time flies.
Well you know after all of my housemates settled their modules, I was in a dilemma. I wasn't sure whether I should drop 'Polish Conversation I' or to continue with it. After contemplating for 2.5 weeks I decided to drop it and boy, I have never felt that sense of relief in a while. Replaced the module with 'Approaches to Literature' and met really nice prof & classmates.
Last night I stayed in school for a food workshop which Yanin and I signed up during the orientation day. We made taro balls and dumplings in teams, met easy-going exchange friends and finally found a fellow Singaporean! It was such an eye-opener. This Latin-American guy knows how to speak mandarin and many other languages. There was a German in our team and I told him that I was there for few months, then this Latin American guy went, "Du sprichst Deutsch?" and I said "Ja, ein bisschen Deutsche." Holyshit, why didn't I answer in proper sentence ugh. My German is so rusty now since we never got to practice it. Anyway, I got curious and asked how many languages does he speak, guess what he said? 20. No idea if he's bullshitting me or what but impressive dude.
Now, lets see what I've been up to for the past weeks...
- Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
- Raohe night market
- Jioufen and Shifen for the Pingxi Lantern Festival
- Kaoshiung for 2d1n (Cijin)
- Ximending
- Cafe Waiting Love
- Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial
- Elephant mountain
- Maokong x2
- Yang Ming Shan
- Shilin night market x3
- Shida market
- Yilan for 3d2n
- Tamsui x2
- Apalca café
- Taipei zoo
- Addiction Aquatic Development (fresh sashimi YUMS)
- National Palace museum
- Da-an sports hall gym
- Oromo café
- National Taiwan museum
- 228 Memorial Park
Wow not bad, we have been exploring different places. I wanted to upload all the photos at once but then it will seem like I am trying to get this blogging thing done and over with so I'll be back.
