I am currently 6 weeks into my internship stint (8 weeks now, but I wrote this post 2 weeks ago) and it has been pretty rewarding so far. On my first day of work, I was sent to client's place at Orchard and I loved it. It means I've got work to do and I can learn something and to top it off, it was so much closer to home. I get to sleep in more and reach home earlier! Hehe
I wonder how my friends can go out on weekdays after work, most of the time I'm just eager to get back to khatib/yishun. It was quite bad during the first 2 weeks of my internship, I would be so tired during the weekends that I just laze around at home and sleep till 1 p.m. then take a few naps in between and basically just sleep my weekends away. It's getting better though, I'm starting to get out during the weekends. But the dozing off in office never stop :p AND WILL NEVER.
Anyhow, what have I been up to apart from internship...?
On the 2nd of May, some of us decided to go cycle at Coney Island. That place is too overrated. Now don't get me wrong, it has its own beauty, I just didn't like that it was so crowded. Perhaps going on a normal weekday would have been better? I prefer MacRitchie or Bukit Timah Hill to Coney Island. Nonetheless, it was a good photo-taking, cycling and catching-up session.
(7th week into my internship)
Then on the 12th of May, we had a birthday celebration for Dad. I ordered a cake - Fickle Feline 2.0 from Cat&the Fiddle. I liked that it has different flavours so we can try a bit of each. But Dad didn’t get to cut the cake cos it’s already cut haha. They charge fees for candles and also ridiculously expensive price for delivery so I was so glad when Cel agreed to collect them on my behalf.
The next day, I met Nibs for Civil War and it was intense. I heard X-men is better so I can’t wait for next week to come already.
On the Friday of my 5th week, Diana and I had a farewell dinner @ The Manhattan Fish Market for Ahsifah. There were only three of us but four dishes, uh huh. Anyway, Ash was the first friend I made on my first day in office. I came in not knowing anything and although we only had small talks in the short span of 2 hours before I was sent out for the next 2-3 weeks, it was never awkward with her. And when I was scheduled for in-house, I was glad that we were there to entertain each other! =D One thing she has taught me well is to pack up and leave early...what a bad influence? Now, I start packing up at 5.45 p.m when I'm supposed to leave at 6 p.m.
Then I experience the most tiring weekend ever since internship started. I had a 2D1N community service camp at Singapore Sports School. The beneficiaries are the kids from MDAS and I must say the games played during this camp were creative and much thought and consideration was put into it. Sometimes I look at them and wonder what is going through their mind, but I guess I will never truly understand.
Can I take back my words now? I do think that I have things to learn but sadly I don't have work all the time. There are some days that I have to do my work extremely slow for time to past and there are days (like today) where I have absolutely nothing to do so I have to "act busy" and I hate it. I even managed to finish my last episode of "We Are In Love" and I'm typing this in an attempt to kill time.
I am so bored now I can even smell fries, Mac is just a minute away from office...should I go??? omg
(8 weeks into my internship)
Update: Yes, right after I updated my blog I actually went down twice to get ice-cream and M fries.
Anyway, I finally have things to do! And actually pretty busy too. Starting from this week I'll be going to client's place so yay! I'm starting to dislike in-house because we have to wait for the clients to send the relevant documents in thus the long waiting time and idle time.
Alright, I'm pretty tired. Update again soon



