Dad always told us to tuck in our uniform and pull only 1 inch (or so) out. When I was in lower secondary, I thought that was so nerd. But of course, I have never leave my uniform tucked out. Not to that extend. I still believe that if my uniform is meant to be tucked in then I have to respect the way it is. I secretly scorned (and roll eyes) at people who always tuck out their uniform and walk around like they are da boss.
Not implying that I was the perfect role model, I used to insert shoelace at the bottom of my uniform and tie it so I won't have to tuck in my uniform but it looks like I tucked in. My uniform tend to be small because I'm skinny and so it will be too short for my height. Which is why I resorted to using shoelace and because no matter how I ran in my uniform, it wouldn't untucked.
Anyway I used to have "feelers", fringe, and wore ankle socks etc. back in lower secondary. When I was promoted to upper secondary, it was a weird transformation. I tied all my hair back and made sure my socks were at the very least visible. I began to tuck in without using shoelace because I got myself a slightly bigger uniform.
Then one day, I became proud of wearing the uniform. It started when I notice my Dad in his uniform and felt a sense of pride. He looked smart! His pants colour is exactly similar to my skirt colour, so I probably thought that if I wore my uniform properly, I will look as smart as him. I started becoming proud of my uniform HAHAHHA.
So Sg and I had this inspiration to take photo together in our uniform. After all, we don't have a photo of us in uniform. We only had 1 pathetic photo taken back in 2009 after knowing each other for 3 years then. He has made a great progress! From willingness to take more photos to smiling in some of them. *THUMBS UP MAN*
It's fun to reminisce about old times. (not exactly very old, but still.)
In actuality, I am much more proud to be from PYPS. lolol :P