I spent most of my new year countdown with my usual clique, there was once, we went to catch the fireworks at Marina bay sands. Though the fireworks displayed was so beautifully near us, we made up our mind to not squeeze with the crowds ever again. After that particular year, we spent most of our countdown at Jamie's place, cooked our own food and watched the channel 8 countdown show.
This year was unlike past years. I agreed to spend it with my secondary school friends. Simply because...
(1) Tanya asked me first,
(2) My clique took ages to come up with a decision and
(3) Sometimes you make people a priority to whom you are just an option.
I figured that I shouldn't let people who ask me first wait.
Met Tanya @ SSC earlier on at 8p.m to get the ingredients for our steamboat. We wanted to get an impromptu hair cut because "new year, new haircut" lolol but failed because the salon closes at 8p.m. Anyway, it drizzled but good thing I had the foresight to ask Tanya to bring along her umbrella. (LOL act yige farsighted) Halfway through our walk back to her block, I told her I was going to scold Terry for not helping us with the groceries because we put it in a small trolley but the cans kept falling off the trolley. Obviously I did not, but we handed him the plastic bags that we were carrying as soon as we entered the lift haha. Prepared the steamboat while waiting for the rest of the guys to arrive. We were too hungry to wait for them so we started our steamboat without them. They only arrived at 11p.m!!! Omg would have died of hunger by then. Played Cards Against Humanity and watched 'Max' while the rest of them played drinking games. Food + Movie is probably the best combination.
It's always nice to see old friends but I have the tendency to get tongue-tied. Guess the older I am, I become more distant from friends/people. I tend to think a lot more when I speak and I don't know how to start a conversation! I feel so uneasy (occasionally) being this way. Oh, it's probably known as socially awkward. I hope i'll learn to be more friendly and open!
On a side note, its heartening to see some friends remain the same (i.e. in terms of mindset and personality) all these while. Its also shocking to know how a person could "grow up" so differently and how our generation has evolved. Sometimes I think to myself, "am I the only old-fashioned one around?" I have to admit that I have my fair share of change. I changed over the years. I grew up and I am still growing. It is absolutely fine to grow and change to be a better person. It would be weird if we remain stagnant for years. Anyway, I don't want to be judgmental because I have no rights to do so. To cut the long story short, I pray that I will be a better person today than I was yesterday. In the sense that I can be more forgiving towards others, kick off my hot-temperedness and bad habit of ignoring people when i'm pissed.
Till then.