This trip would have been so much more enjoyable...if only we did not fell ill and if only I did not book the stupid coach.
A week before our trip, RedBus called and said that due to certain government regulations, our departure point for the return trip was changed to Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) which was close to 30 minutes train ride away from our Swiss Garden hotel & residences. The original departure point was supposed to be at Berjaya Times Square, a mere 10 mins walk away. Nabs and I discussed and we decided that we did not want to travel so far with our bags. For convenience' sake, I emailed to ask for a refund and booked another coach for our return journey. And thank goodness we changed to KKKL because we had a lousy experience with Qistna Express. I am definitely boycotting Qistna Express!
We arrived few minutes early for our 8a.m coach, the bus came at 8.30a.m. And one guy commented it was not bad already, sometimes he had to wait for hours for the bus to come (?!). WHUT. Nabs and I looked at each other and gave the "ARE YOU SERIOUS? Why are you still booking from this coach!" But we both know it is for the obvious reason - Qistna Express is the cheapest compared to the rest. Waiting wasn't an issue for us, we had all the time in the world. This was a chillax trip, we didn't make any important plans. It was more of a go-and-do-whatever-you-feel-like trip. The only thing I couldn't stand was dust. The seats were dusty, holy crap. I have to explain that I am not spoilt, I would say that I adapt to an environment fast. If this was a camp then I would gladly accept it but its not a camp! I ignored the dust because I had to complete my part of the ASM report; Corporate Governance in Thailand. Yes, sadly...work to complete during our trip together yet again. I had to complete my scholarship application a year ago during our KL trip as well.
Anyway, we arrived at TBS at 4p.m, 3 hours behind schedule. But that is fine too. What is not fine is that the driver actually dropped us at TBS and explained that they can only stop the bus at Berjaya Times Square from 5p.m onwards. What logic is that?! They should have informed us earlier (or at least when they called and told me about the departure point). Nabs and I were famished so we can't be bothered to argue with the driver. We went off and settled our late lunch at Kenny Rogers. While we were waiting for our food, I realised that my arms and legs started to itch. At first I thought it was mosquito bites but then the symptoms started to lean towards hives. It got really bad and that's when a whiny bitch (me) emerged. I couldn't stand the itch, all I wanted was to teleport to the hotel so I don't have to face the crowds. Everyone seemed to be staring at my thighs in disgust. I have myself to blame too. I should have worn jeans and long sleeve. I should have done it when my Mother told me to.
So as I was saying, this trip turns out to be such a sick trip because my cough hadn't recover since the bkk trip, instead it worsened. Plus both Nabs and I had flu. The last thing that I would expect was getting hives (Urticaria). Initially, the red bumps were around my arms and thighs which makes sense because of my sitting position during the coach ride. Gradually, it spread across my body, mostly my thighs, butt and arms. FML :'( I wore my jacket when I'm out 'cos i was afraid that the sunlight would trigger more bumps to appear. I was hoping that everything would resume by the third day but fat chance! More bumps appeared on my butt and thighs that evening when I arrived in Singapore. Then the next day, a lot of it appeared on my arms when I was out having lunch so I went to see the doctor.
Anyway, we spent most of our time in the hotel room, chilling and watching the HBO channel. The movies shown were marvellous. I was glued to the TV the whole time! LOL The only "new" tourist spot that we went was Batu Caves. It was a tiring 45 minutes (?) train ride from our station. Other places that we went include KLCC, Sogo, Bukit Bintang and Berjaya Times Square. Literally lepak here and there.
Nevertheless, I have to say that I had a delightful lepak trip with my bud. For now, I need a long break from KL because twice within weeks is enough. Haven't plan our next destination yet but I'm hoping for an adventurous one! =D
Labels: Budtrip, Holiday, Travel Affairs, Winter Break


