This period last year, Sg was undergoing the Ranger Course so we barely had any forms of communication (he didn't bring along his phone for training). Coincidently, it happened to be my toughest months (for now) in school. It was a transition period for me and I was trying to adapt with life in SMU. I felt like I was left to fend for myself, with hardly anyone else to talk to.
It may sound funny to people that I've described Uni life to be soooo tough. Some may feel Uni life is a brisk, but I just happen to be one of them who is unable to deal with such changes.
It may sound funny to people that I've described Uni life to be soooo tough. Some may feel Uni life is a brisk, but I just happen to be one of them who is unable to deal with such changes.
I put up a strong front in school everyday. In fact, I was tearing bit by bit on the inside. It sounds exaggerating, but I am speaking the truth. I became so much more pessimistic. Often, my eyes would welled up with tears at the thought of school. This has happened when I was on the train, during lesson, when i'm doing my revision, during my bath time, sleep time. You name it, I've done it (ok kidding).
I have given myself too much pressure. And it was worse when I came home to repeated questions asking if I got back any test results and an unconducive study room. My mind was all about studies, I couldn't even bring myself to relax. I woke up constantly in the middle of the night. I hated school, hated the prof, the people, the modules, and everything else. IT WAS BAD.
I feel sorry for the one-year-ago-me, but I am extremely relieved that things are on the right track now. Well, apart for one of the modules which I don't understand wth is the prof teaching. It's ok and it's alright though. I will make use of the recess week to do my revision. For now, I must concentrate on my revision for the two mid term tests that I have next week. I am slightly worried that I will screw it up, just like how I did for FA and Stats. BUT I want to score well badly. And I believe, if I want something badly enough, I will get it.
P/S I am eternally grateful to the friends who lend a hand to me when I was at my hardest period. I never had the chance to say this...TQ so much.
I have given myself too much pressure. And it was worse when I came home to repeated questions asking if I got back any test results and an unconducive study room. My mind was all about studies, I couldn't even bring myself to relax. I woke up constantly in the middle of the night. I hated school, hated the prof, the people, the modules, and everything else. IT WAS BAD.
I feel sorry for the one-year-ago-me, but I am extremely relieved that things are on the right track now. Well, apart for one of the modules which I don't understand wth is the prof teaching. It's ok and it's alright though. I will make use of the recess week to do my revision. For now, I must concentrate on my revision for the two mid term tests that I have next week. I am slightly worried that I will screw it up, just like how I did for FA and Stats. BUT I want to score well badly. And I believe, if I want something badly enough, I will get it.
P/S I am eternally grateful to the friends who lend a hand to me when I was at my hardest period. I never had the chance to say this...TQ so much.