Procrastinated long enough before I finally decided that I had to get started before I start panicking when the deadline (Tuesday) came.
Anyway, I thought I should just post a short paragraph of my essay because that particular sentence that my poly personal mentor said still lingers in my head till today. I think it has impacted my mindset to a certain extent. Here it goes!
"I remember vividly that my polytechnic lecturer once told us that our society can be depicted as a pyramid. Most of the people in the society will be at the bottom of the pyramid, while a number of them will be in the middle with only a handful of people that managed to climb to the top of the pyramid (i.e. society). While I do not agree with her fully, I understood where she was coming from. We all have our own roles in society. Personally, I....."
Sidetrack for a moment. I feel so primary 4-ish cos the word "vividly" honestly reminded me of my P4 form teacher, Mrs Lee-Ong. She was the one that taught me the word hahaha. Anyway because I rushed my report till 6a.m in the morning of the submission date plus I had two presentations that day, so I didn't had time to read through the report once more. And I spotted lots of mistakes in the report when I read through it just now! ARGH FREAKING SPEECHLESS!!!
Ok, back to topic. That was something my poly personal mentor told the class multiple times. Most gave the disgusted look every time she mentioned this. Though I do feel that she should have encouraged us more instead of pouring cold water on us, but it is true that everyone has a part to play in the society and not everyone can rise to be partners, CEOs, etc. (Edited: I think I should elaborate a little more. That paragraph doesn't show the way she pour cold water on us..it's the things she say like, "you guys can't compare with the JC kids" etc. *roll eyes*)
So what's my part? NO IDEA. But I know I must remain contented and strive to do well even if I only aspire to be a small fry HAHAHHA who knows one fine day I wake up wanting to set up a business of my own! :O