Gold Coast
Got back to Brisbane, took a cab to the airport. Rented a 7-seater vehicle and off we go to Gold Coast! On our way there, we went Movie World to play for the rest of the day.
The Superman ride. One of the most exciting rides at Movie World.
Scooby Doo. A ride in the dark with lots of sharp bends.
Gotham City. Reminds me of a friend I met at the SIT interview.
By the way, the Batwing ride was pretty exciting when it starts to countdown from 5 and suddenly shot up and down. Ben's face turned green when he took that.
Green Lantern ride. Look at that curve at the logo. But nope, it was alright only.
Then to the Kids' section!
So we walked past this ride similar to the adult ones but it's strictly for kids. Ben took this and say it's less frightening than Batwing.
Put his hands up somemore hahaha
They had christmas decorations here and there.
Tis the season to be jolly, falalalalalaala~
This. Dad caught us in action! It's pretty steep tho, I thought I was gonna fall out.
That's all Folks! (So cartoon network but anw, that's all for Movie World.)
We left at 5pm because that's when the theme park closes. Then we head over to
woolworths supermarket to get groceries to prepare for dinner.
We then drove to Hilton (Surfers Paradise) hotel to check-in.
Two different bedrooms and they have a sofa bed too.
Walk-in wardrobe.
Night view. Can't really see the ocean-view from the photo but the lightings and all were really fantastic.
Settled down for a short while then we started to prepare for our dinner. Finally a meal that we need not eat out. Felt really glad I get to eat home cooked food after eating all the outside food.
And I did not come out only when it's time to eat, I contributed to the preparation too. Then chef Tan (all of us are Tans anyway lolol) cooked mushrooms and curry chicken. While the other chef Tan cooked luncheon meat w egg.
We were all exhausted. I believe I was the first few who fell asleep. Next day I woke up to the pleasant ocean-view! I feel all these photos did not do justice to the view that I saw. Too bad I'm not a professional photographer and I have no idea how to take great photos but here is a rough idea of how it looks like...
Anyway, we had home-cooked breakfast before heading to Sea World for the day. Sea World was a tad boring since they do not have exciting rides but still, we enjoyed watching the shows!
My one year pass.
Right: Time for Seal show.
Spot the little penguins! *GASP* They look like birds (I mean they are birds but like the normal kind of birds if you know what I mean) from far tho.
Then it's the Dolphins' time to show off.
The trainer standing on top of the Dolphins.
Dolphins doing their thang.
Lonely Polar bear.
We went off early because there wasn't anything much to do at the Sea World. So for the first time, we finally went shopping! But we left after spending less than 2 hours at the outlets.
Back to hotel to get changed for dinner. Evening view.
HURRICANE'S GRILL for dinner. Directly opposite the Surfers Paradise beach.
Their x'mas decorations.
Not forgetting our dessert.
We saw this public toilet right outside some bar/club. Honestly I didn't know that guy was pissing for real, I thought he was just posing for the camera. But anyway, can't see his face so...
then I was curious how it looks like so I went up to take a picture of the inside LOL
Then Charis saw this Skycoaster ride from far and told me about it. The Skycoaster ride is basically:
Wet'n'Wild's new SkyCoaster is not for the faint hearted!
STEP ONE - You'll be strapped into a harness attached to a massive cable
STEP TWO - Then you'll be raised over 50 metres off the ground – that's higher than BATWING Spaceshot You then need the guts to pull your own ripcord before plummeting face first towards the ground.
STEP THREE - You'll be catapulted across the Giant Wave Pool on a suspended cable at 60km/h – that's as fast as the new AquaLoop
STEP FOUR - After you've reached solid ground, perhaps it's time for a lie-down
SkyCoaster can accommodate up to 3 people per ride.
I thought it seems quite fun so I wanted to play too. This is a pay per play attraction and it costs A$30. Some day I will go Macau for the Bungy Jump!
This entire trip has been nothing short of fun and adventure. Other than Nibs, travelling with family is the best (mostly). We get enough rest to prepare for the activities next day and we had hell lots of fun. Can't wait to travel again!
Labels: Holiday, Travel Affairs, Winter Break

















