(Got this from their website) Moreton Island is the third largest sand island in the world.
On the morning of our third day in Brisbane, we took a cab to Holt Street Wharf in Pinkenba, Brisbane to catch our ferry to Tangalooma jetty.
Was so tired I slept throughout the 75 minutes but my sis went to the open area but so eggcited cos we were meeting my cousins, uncle and aunt.
Sky + Sea...almost perfect.
Why is it the sea colour of Moreton Island is so different from Batam?
This island has only a few restaurants so we ate at Fire Stone for practically every meal.
Chinese food that taste really Ch...
Walk around a bit before checking in to our rooms.
Tangalooma resorts.
We intended to chill for the day and feed the dolphins at night but the bookings were full for that day so we had to wait for another day. There wasn't anything much to do that day so we went back to sleep till evening and woke up for dinner. My cousins went swimming tho. Correction: They (including Dad) went to observe the dolphin feeding session while we were asleep. Dad took really nice sunset pictures too so we were determined to catch the sunset the next day.
Next morning we woke up for breakfast and prepared for ATV. Initially I didn't wanna play cos I've tried it at Bali but i'm so glad I did. We saw star fishes and sea shells everywhere at the other part of the beach. The scenery is different from Bali's ATV, we see padi fields and old Indonesian houses. The route were mostly flat too. But it was way challenging at Tangalooma, mainly because we drove on sand so the ground was uneven and there were uphill and downhill. The beautiful sea view definitely played a part too!
After the four wheel drive around the island, we had lunch before going for our sand tobogganing. The Tangalooma resorts bus drove us for the Desert Safari tour and our sand tobagganing. We had to carry the board up the slope for that few seconds of thrill which was really tiring. We were packing up intending to leave the desert but our bus was stucked in the sand. The driver tried digging for close to an hour to no avail. No joke being under the sweltering heat with our water supply running low and zero signal around. Plus the bus did not have air-con, I swear we were all sweating like pigs. Good thing another bus came with a group of Japanese students so we took their bus back while they played. Wondered what happened to the bus after that.
We probably got really tanned after that day cos we played under the sun all day and the UV ray was extra strong.
I drank tons of this.
Got to say I am a hidden talent for this sand tobogganing! I slide so smoothly I'm amazed myself.
We camped around and caught the sunset that evening.
Anyway, "when the sun has set, no candle can replace it" #QOTD.
Oh, while waiting we were fooling around and I fell down again rofl.
"I just...can't even...urgh"
So we ordered porcupine for dinner...wth I never imagine myself eating these animals...but had to try once! I've been taking selfie with all my little buddies alive, but so sorry this had to be on the dining table.
After dinner, we went to the jetty to prepare for our dolphin feeding session, whoop. Videos are with my Dad. In fact most of the photos of this trip are with Dad cos nobody brings their phone with them when they are going to have fun! No meh...ok I was lazy.
Feeding the dolphin was really cool. We had to get into the sea till my waist level and I got to hold the cute Korean guy's hand. *cheeky smile* Kiddingz. Anyway when I was about to feed the dolphin, it knocked into me and I almost fell. This trip is soooo enjoyable, I did things which I've never done before and that's something I love about going overseas.
Final photos before boarding the jetty back to Brisbane.
That's my backpack for the whole trip. Pretty amazed with myself, as usual. Been bringing this bag for almost all my trips and camps, this bag certainly served me well. Hahahaha can't believe I'm talking about my bag.
Labels: Holiday, Travel Affairs, Winter Break






