Writing on the Aussie trip before all the details start to slip off my mind.
14th December
Have been waiting for the longest time for this trip. Or at least it felt like the looooongest time cos I feel I needed this trip mentally and physically lolol. 8 hours flight and I arrived on the morning of 14th dec.
I'm always reminded of this song whenever I'm going overseas - Rocketeer by Far east movement. Everything feels so different when you are overseas. I can't explain the feeling but it's just very soothing. (By the way my dark eye circles are darker than the night sky)
Upon arriving at the Brisbane airport, we took the transport to our hotel (Hotel Jen). Settled for a while before making our way around the Brisbane CBD. The wind was really strong, I wore my jacket throughout the first day but forced myself to take it off on the second day since it's not everyday we get to enjoy that sort of weather.
♪ ♫ Here we go, come with me,
There's a world out there that we should see,
Take my hand, close your eyes
With you right here, I'm a rocketeer ♩♬
Left: Changi Airport has got the best decorations for x'mas hands down. Never fail to amaze me with their decorations. One Raffles Place had the Doraemon tree, airport has got mickey mouse tree and many more. It's not only the arrival and departure hall that is beautifully decorated, the places outside the halls are equally naise.
Right: There, this was taken before we enter the departure hall.
Left: It's cool that they have a bicycle lane directly next to the vehicle lanes. I think China has bicycle lane too but they have bushes in between to separate the lanes. But I haven't been to China for quite awhile so i'm not entirely sure.
Right: Supreme Court | District Court of Queensland. Just a 1-2minutes walk from our hotel.
Left: St. John's Cathedral, Brisbane.
Right: Selfie with the Kangaroo statue, not knowing I will be getting up-close with real Kangaroos the next day!
Left: One super tall x'mas tree in the middle of the street.
Right: X'mas party hat maybe? Reminds me of us taking a pic of her at Shanghai few years back.
Some random mall which I don't know of, we were cutting through this mall to get to the other side.
Right: Not sure what bird that is, but it was posing in public so I whipped my phone out to take a pic of it.
15 December
Cos Dad did not plan anything for our days at Brisbane so we looked up for places to go or things to do the night before. Actually he did most of the search, I fell asleep shortly after. But totally legit cos my fever came back in the evening.
Next morning, we woke up really early to prepare cos we haven't decide whether or not to follow a tour to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary but we ended up deciding to go ourselves. We got our tickets at the information center and took public bus 430 to the destination. For a person that dislike getting close to animals, I was nervous yet looking forward to getting up-close with the Kangaroos, Koalas and others. Well, it was a really good experience!
Wanted a photo with this little buddy but it turned its back on me..(pun intended)
Kangaroo sign. *run over for a pic*
Left: Then we walked further down and ta-da! Lots of Kangaroos lying everywhere.
Right: Found a cooperative one. #kangaroolikestoselfietoo
Sheep Shearing. I touched the fur(?), it felt thick but soft.
"Hey guyz, whatcha looking at? Chio bu at the back y'know." rofl
Paid A$16 each to cuddle with the smiley Koala.
Right: Thought the tree trunk looks unique. It's like silverish colour and kind of reflect light? Ok, maybe that was my own imagination.
Still can't believe I bought this pair of green Timberland shoe. I thought the boots would be my first and last pair. But anw, we finally finish walking the place. Took the bus back to Brisbane CBD.
Left: I was trying to act like I'm going to kick a football but I'm aware that my pose is weird.
Right: I climbed up a few steps then but dad said its enough and told me to come down.
Left: Let Charlene climb first then...
Right: Felt it was not enough, climbed again. And I wondered why I am always getting injured :p
After all our monkey acts, we saw the sign a few metres away that says we were not allowed to climb, oops. *quickly walk off*
Walking across the bridge to the Wheel of Brisbane.
Part II will be on Moreton island...
Labels: Holiday, Travel Affairs, Winter Break






























