All my life I've been wondering who is the lucky lady my uncle will marry, and it comes to a certain point in time where I thought I would not have the chance to call someone "婶婶".
22 November 2014
Then comes the high tea session. I was pretty impressed with the food but I didn't get to take photos of it cos my phone was with my sister the whole time and I was busy grabbing food hehe. Mad love the desserts! Aww man, now I wished I took more...
After that we went to InterContinental hotel to check-in while waiting for wedding dinner.
Dinner was a cosy affair with our side of the relatives. Just so happened that all three of them are studying at Southampton, Glasgow and Manchester so we ooVoo-ed and catch up during dinner, they managed to talk to other relatives as well. I intended to stay for only an hour before going back to the hotel room to do my revision but in the end I stayed throughout the dinner. I had to sit with other relatives instead of my family cos there wasn't enough seats at the main table and my relatives were so entertaining as usual. Initially they kept asking if I want to drink wine but I declined the offer cos I wanted to study after dinner. My relatives thought my dad doesn't allow me to drink so they said they'll cover up for me when he comes over to our table. But then when my dad came over, he told me not to lose his face and drink at least a little rofl. Ta-da........I ended up sleeping through the night. *tell myself it's okay and give myself a pat on the shoulder*
Honestly I was a little uptight that morning 'cos it's just two days before my blaw finals and I have yet to complete half of the revision. But then it was my uncle's once in a lifetime wedding so I felt it's wrong if I keep thinking about my finals. That was also the day where I sort of "gave up" and told myself to take things as they come. Anyway I genuinely enjoyed the church wedding solemnization and the dinner a lot. It feels different to be seated in the first few rows and watch someone you are close to stand infront waiting for his bride to enter and the moment when the bride's Father handover the bride to my uncle, when they sang the songs so passionately, when they said "i do" and said their pledge, and so on. Everyone is way beyond happy for my uncle and 婶婶 (lolol ok still getting used to it).
Then comes the high tea session. I was pretty impressed with the food but I didn't get to take photos of it cos my phone was with my sister the whole time and I was busy grabbing food hehe. Mad love the desserts! Aww man, now I wished I took more...
After that we went to InterContinental hotel to check-in while waiting for wedding dinner.
So to the uncle that buys dinner for me when he know I haven't had dinner, serve me fruits and cakes after dinner, always messaging me when I was overseas to make sure I was doing fine, buying our favourite cheesecake when he knows i'm staying over and etc. BLISSFUL MARRIAGE! So many things I feel thankful for. Truly blessed to have two super duper nice uncle.
*wave goodbye to uncle and 婶婶*