A rather relaxing and spontaneous trip.
One particular Thursday evening, I bumped into Matt and Mg at the mrt station. It was purely coincidental cos I went to Dhoby Ghaut station then I walked randomly to queue at one of the cabin doors and there they were, just queuing 2-3 people infront of me.
On the train ride back, they told me that they met Xueer for lunch earlier on and they had the intention of celebrating X'mas overseas, asked if I was ok with it. Poor Alan had to attend school during that period so he couldn't join us.
Mg and Xueer spent a couple of days looking at the resort stuffs and ferry before booking it for us. Ta-da! I feel so thankful cos I didn't had to do anything.
We paid $170 each for a 2D1N stay at Montigo resorts. I must admit that I was amazed with the view before I went Australia but I saw better ones at Australia (which i'll blog about soon).
The whole apartment is clean and spacious with a open rooftop. They even provided small mattresses and seats at the rooftop (ok, I just realised those "mattresses" are for us to put on the seats), allowing guests to chill while we enjoy the sea-view and lie down to admire the stars at night. The crux of the trip is...having our own infinity pool! Wooohoooo which was also the cause of my huge ass blue-black lol.
Anyway, we took the ferry to Batam Center Ferry Terminal instead of Nongsapura Ferry Terminal that is merely 5-8minutes' drive to the resort cos there wasn't much to do at Nongsapura Terminal and we wanted to walk around before going to the resorts which has no malls nearby.
Upon arriving at the ferry terminal, we cabbed over to Nagoya Hill shopping mall to have our lunch at A&W before heading to ESKA wellness spa massage and salon which is directly opposite the mall for our massage and etc. Four of us spent at least Rp 1,000,000 in total and so ESKA got their driver to send us to Montigo resorts for free. I wouldn't say it's a good deal but it wasn't that bad. And the person that massaged my legs did a fantastic job and was super attentive.
Next morning, we went to the sea side to walk a little right after breakfast. After which we went back to the villa to take one last dip in the pool before checking out. I feel that we made a mistake booking our ferry which departs at 7pm. It was so painful having to walk around aimlessly at Nagoya Hill mall cos there is honestly nothing to do there. We ended up going for another round of massage and play at the arcade to kill time. One bad thing tho, the people are even allowed to smoke in the arcade wts. So apart from my beautiful blue black, I had fever when I got back to Singapore.
A good 10-11th Dec spent with le awesomest.
On the train ride back, they told me that they met Xueer for lunch earlier on and they had the intention of celebrating X'mas overseas, asked if I was ok with it. Poor Alan had to attend school during that period so he couldn't join us.
Mg and Xueer spent a couple of days looking at the resort stuffs and ferry before booking it for us. Ta-da! I feel so thankful cos I didn't had to do anything.

We paid $170 each for a 2D1N stay at Montigo resorts. I must admit that I was amazed with the view before I went Australia but I saw better ones at Australia (which i'll blog about soon).
The whole apartment is clean and spacious with a open rooftop. They even provided small mattresses and seats at the rooftop (ok, I just realised those "mattresses" are for us to put on the seats), allowing guests to chill while we enjoy the sea-view and lie down to admire the stars at night. The crux of the trip is...having our own infinity pool! Wooohoooo which was also the cause of my huge ass blue-black lol.
Anyway, we took the ferry to Batam Center Ferry Terminal instead of Nongsapura Ferry Terminal that is merely 5-8minutes' drive to the resort cos there wasn't much to do at Nongsapura Terminal and we wanted to walk around before going to the resorts which has no malls nearby.
Upon arriving at the ferry terminal, we cabbed over to Nagoya Hill shopping mall to have our lunch at A&W before heading to ESKA wellness spa massage and salon which is directly opposite the mall for our massage and etc. Four of us spent at least Rp 1,000,000 in total and so ESKA got their driver to send us to Montigo resorts for free. I wouldn't say it's a good deal but it wasn't that bad. And the person that massaged my legs did a fantastic job and was super attentive.
We were then briefed by one of the staffs.
Left: X'mas tree at the reception area.
Right: We were chauffeured to our villa.
They have buggy vehicles with 8-10 seats to fit more people.
Had dinner at one of the restaurants at Montigo resorts and the food tastes gooood.
After dinner, we went back, changed and spend a considerable length of time in the infinity pool catching up before finally deciding to get out to bathe. Correction: They went up to the master bedroom and continue to soak themselves in the bath tub. We spent the rest of the night playing cards, WII, had supper, and etc.
Next morning, we went to the sea side to walk a little right after breakfast. After which we went back to the villa to take one last dip in the pool before checking out. I feel that we made a mistake booking our ferry which departs at 7pm. It was so painful having to walk around aimlessly at Nagoya Hill mall cos there is honestly nothing to do there. We ended up going for another round of massage and play at the arcade to kill time. One bad thing tho, the people are even allowed to smoke in the arcade wts. So apart from my beautiful blue black, I had fever when I got back to Singapore.
Morning breakfast at this place.
So unfair! Why am i always the one taking the wefie! *pout*
But I must admit I've got a flair for it rofl.
Left: My last meal at Nagoya Hill shopping mall.
Right: Yes, the forever kiddish Mg. All her winnings for less than 5 bucks.
A good 10-11th Dec spent with le awesomest.
Goodbye Batam for the time being, but first...
Labels: Holiday, Travel Affairs, Winter Break





