안녕하세요~
I've always wanted to document all my overseas trip or even outings but have been failing to do so. I'm secretly afraid that some day the things I saw or did will slowly slip off my mind. Guess I should start jotting things down bit by bit...starting with my most recent Korea trip.
It was my final poly grad trip or pre-uni trip. I've always wanted to go Korea but I didn't expect this trip to come so soon. Was pretty occupied with camps for 3 consecutive weeks thus I did not keep track of the date that I was leaving for Korea and soon I was already on the way to the airport to catch the flight!
Anyway Seoul is very lively with bustling streets, stores, and shopping centre. I love the korean food in particular (and surprisingly), but I wasn't attracted to the shopping. In fact, I was quite turned off by the crowd and also sometimes I can't even tell if I was in Korea or China.
These are the couple of places in Seoul that I prefer over the others that I visited...
1. Myeongdong, which is a convenient 5-10 minutes walk away from where i lived. And essentially the most tasty food I ate is from Myeongdong! *yumz*
AND MANY MORE.
2. Hongdae district's Trick Eye Museum and the Ice Museum that is located inside the Trick Eye Museum. So basically T E M has a whole collection of two and three dimensional trick art that are designed for photo-taking. We have it in Singapore as well, but I thought it'll be nice to see the one in Seoul so I suggested this place. Really glad that my dad and bro enjoyed it as much as I do.
Left: Just us taking picture of us with people at the back taking picture of we-don't-know-what.
Right: awkward bro is awkward.
3. DMZ (Korean Demilitarized Zone), which is the border barrier of North & South Korea. Well, it gave off a very different feel as compared to South Korea and I was slightly more conscious of the surroundings. The rules are strict such that we are not allowed to carry any bags with us when we visit the DMZ, or wear sleeveless/revealing clothes, and etc. It's interesting to be there and know the fact that North Korean Navy doesn't get paid much. The guide was actually a lady who escaped from North and she told us she was only paid 7000 won (equivalent to S$8) and 3000 won during thanksgiving after being in the Navy for 20 years.
Left: Spotted the green tea ice-cream and go buy buy buy!!!
Right: North Korean won :O I actually bought it back as souvenir lolol.
4. Gyeongbokgung. The sky was blue in a perfect manner and not only did we caught the guard changing ceremony at 10am, we also managed to catch a sight of the rainbow towards the end of the day.
5. Everland!!! Omg how can I forget about Everland? It has one of the best rides I had in my entire life.
Right: The first ride that we took cos they said they need to warm up. Hahaha i kind of forgot that not everyone enjoy taking rides...
Left: That's my face after we're done with the warm up ride. It goes like this, "R U KIDDING ME...IZ DIS EVEN A RIDE?"
Right: Another no kick ride where I can still take out my phone for a #wefie :p
Left: Everland is so huge that we need to take a cable car ride down to another part of the theme park to play the other rides!
Right: Our expression after the ride. My hair was in a total mess lol
Left: O YAY then comes my favourite ride (T-express) of all time. It's called the wooden roller coaster, and no joke it is made of wood...I was and am still pretty amazed by it. That 77° steepness whoop, the thought of it makes me high.
Right: Honestly it was super exciting and fun. We were only at our first slope when I decided I want to go for it another time, but I got a shock when I walk out. Freaking loooooong queue. Ta-da our expressions after the ride *sticks tongue out*
Hey isn't that almost all of the places that I went? hahaha yea I guess I kind of like Seoul, except all the unnecessary waiting time outside all the facial/body product shops.
I particularly enjoy entering their convenience store and picking some random drinks or ice-cream to try.













































































