The Surroundings - Frankfurt.
More than a month ago, when I first landed at Frankfurt, Germany I fell in love with their architectures, the nature, and etc. There was only Yj and I, we arrived at Frankfurt a day earlier than the rest of the people so we deposit our luggages, bought the expensive train tickets and went to explore the top ten places that people should go in Frankfurt. It was amazing, I mean it still is, but I remember on that day particularly, I wow-ed for the most number of times in my life. The feeling was so overwhelming, I was eager to explore Europe and make the very best out of this trip.
Months ago, 珊 kept asking the girls to create Instagram together. I did not create back then because I already have plans to create one on 24th March, the day I fly here to Germany. Of course my plan didn't work out that well because I created right after my exams and insta the very first photo during the second day of CNY. I insta occasionally when I have photos that I want to share too. Not only did I plan to create an Instragram account, I also planned to take photographs with/of every clock tower that I come across.
So far so good, other than times that I was too lazy to take out my phone so I kind of missed out on a few of them. The truth is I was so eager to take photo of everything but the weather spared no mercy on me so my hands were too numb to take my phone out of my windbreaker pocket. For a period of time, my hands were too hideous to be seen. It was like an old lady's hands with lots of "wrinkles" and it was caused by the cold weather. Well anyway, here are some photos that I'd like to share. (I feel like I'm talking to myself...lol)
My Firstzzzz:
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd clock tower that I took picture with.
(3rd clock tower is also my favourite architecture at Frankfurt.)
Left: The first botak trees that I went excited over.
Right: The first botak tree that I laughed at. I remember telling Yj I feel like they are all pointing middle finger at me. Additionally, the sun shone perfectly, I thought it was a really nice scenery.
The first decent photo of Yj and I together at Frankfurt, where we met the first nice German family and they were kind enough to tell us that in "1840, the guy in the middle of the statue is the one that created writing". That's what they said but I went to google on it and the information they told us is not entirely right but still, I appreciate the fact that they bother to tell us.
According to (Where was it shot, 2011) , that is the Gutenberg Monument.
It was inaugurated on the 400th anniversary of the invention of movable printing types to commemorate its creator, Johannes Gutenberg. The three statues standing on top of the Gothic-style sandstone structure is actually Gutenberg, Hans Fust and Peter Schöffer.
Left: The first photo of myself that I like taken at Frankfurt. It was at this random ulu place that we walked past, the ground was a little dirty with rubbish around but I just felt like taking a photo there.
Right: The first self-shot I took at the airport LOL can't believe this.
My first decent meal at Frankfurt - Carbonara!
It costs roughly 8 Euro, which is about 13SGD for a big portion of that. My first impression of Germany is that they serve really big portions and Germans are all big-eaters. Speaking about Carbonara, I first try it at Kenneth Cousin's shop @ AMK and really like it alot since then. Although I will get sick of the Carbonara when I'm eating it but I won't get sick of being sick of the Carbonara. Geddit? O.o
Anyway I can't remember the shop name but I know it's something related to Tomato. I'd love to go back there to have the Carbonara again. *Stomach grumbles* Did I mentioned that I have been eating fruits for dinner during weekdays? DON'T TALK ABOUT FOOD.............
That's it on Germany Part 1.
Till then.
*None of the photos were edited
Labels: Travel Affairs