A sumptuous dinner at Long Beach IMM Seafood Restaurant with my family and 3 of my dad's erstwhile colleague in Jakarta yesterday night. Everytime, when I mention about Indonesia, people will go, "huh? you come from Indonesia? / Your parents are Indonesian? " NONONO. I'm pure Singaporean. It's okay if you are confused, I don't find the need to explain. Ok, back to topic. It just rings a bell on me when my dad paid the bill, the price of the food in other country and Singapore is different. Comparing eating steamboat in China to Long Beach Seafood Restaurant. For steamboat, we ordered goat meat, beef, beer, 4-6 plates of golden bun and lots of other food but the total bill was only S$40+ for TEN of us. Whereas the total bill for yesterday's dinner was 8-9 times more. lol with only EIGHT people. Wth, no wonder Ms Liem said that people would rather live in other countries where there are no GST on daily necessities like food. The cost of living in Singapore is indeed very high and suddenly I have the thought of settling down oversea.
Anyway, Aunty CH was somewhat "unhappy" about losing to my dad when it comes to paying for the bill. LOL then Uncle Thomas said, "from Jakarta to Singapore, never ending.." So, she asked us to keep Sunday night free so that we can have dinner together again. Another eating session :/ I HOPE I WON'T BE 'SIBEIIIII FAT' (AFIQ'S TONE).
Okay, going to do a last minute shopping for Jonathan's birthday present before going to his house. It's really a nuisance to shop for presents, maybe I should just let the guys shop and pay them the money will do!